You are looking for a breast pump and are your a swamped under the enormous amount of breast pump reviews. We have come to help! Start off by reading reviews of the top 5 best selling breast pumps.
Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
The ‘Medela Pump in Style Advanced’ is available with different bags and accessory packs. You could buy the pump in a backpack, a metro bag or shoulder bag. Besides a bag, the other accessories include 2 bottles, cooler bag, ice pack, etc. Do not compare the ‘Pump in Style’ with the Medela Symphony, the Symphony is a hospital grade pump the pump in style is not.
- The adjustable suction allows you to set the pump to your preferred suction level to efficiently express the most milk in the least amount of time.
- This pump is durable, powerful, comfortable, easy to use, easy to clean, and very efficient.
- Sometimes milk gets in the tubes which is difficult to clean.
Philips AVENT BPA Free Twin Electric Breast Pump
The ‘AVENT twin electric breast pump’ allows for both singe as well as double pumping and has a unique electric memory that learns from you! You can customize suction, speed and rhythm to get optimal mother milk output. The pump has a unique active massage cushion that assures optimum comfort.
- Super fast (approx.. 1 Oz per minute).
- Adjustable speed, vacuum, and rhythm settings.
- Easy to clean.
- There are a number of complaints about the motor that dies fast. The user will alerted by an orange blinking light.
- A fair amount of milk gets collected under the diaphragm, above the bottle.
Medela Freestyle Breast Pump
This small light weight breast pump is perfectly designed for moms on the go. It comes with a stylish bag to carry the pump and all accessories. Nobody would even guess that you’re carrying a breast pump around!
- Super light weight.
- Compact, it can be carried is almost every bag.
- The rechargeable batteries allow you to use the pump pretty much everywhere you want.
- Low suction power, the fact that the device can also be used cordless means that it had to take come cut backs on power.
- Unable to control speed and suction power separately.
Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump Reviews
The ‘Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump’ is available in a variety of different accessory packs. You can choose either only the pump with 2 bottles or complete with bag a and all accessories you’ll ever need.
- Very cost effective, the sales price for an Ameda is notably lower then other brand in the market.
- You have the option to buy this pump ‘alone’ without bag or other accessories.
- Suction is weak and even the fastest suction speed is still experienced slow.
- The pump is a bit noisy and beeps during operation.
Philips Avent Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump
The ‘Philips Avent Comfort Double Electric Pump’ helps you to pump both breasts at one time to save time and lets your baby enjoy the full benefits of mothers Milk. The pump comes with a textured massage cushion that stimulates the milk flow.
- Parts are easy to dismantle and clean.
- The downward slanted neck of the pump, allows you to sit back comfortably instead of hunching forward and hurting your back.
- Light weight.
- The pump is a bit noisy.
- Switching from letdown phase to regular pumping is manual
More information about breast pumps and breastfeeding can be found at the womenshealth.gov website. Here you’ll find directions on how breast pumping works, what to consider before you buy a pump and even guidelines on milk storage.